"I work for a King. He has put me in charge of his home. When He comes to see how I have managed His possessions and His children, I do not want to be found wanting. I want to do my best. Everything I have is on loan from Him. I have room and board and a job to do, but it is all for Him. Therefore I want to dress my best and do my best in all my work. I also want to be creative, for this is a sincere attempt to glorify Him and His beautiful creation. How I manage my home is a form of worship to Him." Lady Lydia, Home Living (Ladies at Home)
I was visiting Mrs. Pepper at Pepper in my Pie and she had this list of fun questions and answers!! Here's my go at them.... 1. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed? Open. Our closet is in our bathroom, so it doesn't really matter.
2. Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotels? Mr. U does. tee hee
3. Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out? Tucked in at the foot of the bed, hospital corners, but untucked on the sides.
4. Have you stolen a street sign before? No!! How awful!
5. Do you like to use post-it notes? YES!!!!!!!!
6. Do you cut out coupons but then never use them? Used to. Now I shop at Aldi and don't worry about coupons
7. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees? Bees!!! I've never been stung by one, so I am assuming they simply don't like me. YAY!
8. Do you have freckles? Yes. Especially once I get out in the sun.
9. Do you always smile for pictures? Of course! How could I not!?!?!
10. What is your biggest pet peeve? One??? Oh dear. I'd have to double check with Mr U to be sure, but I'm thinking it'd have to be using poor grammar and/or bad spelling. (I even had to correct some things on this quiz!!!!!!!)
11. Do you ever count your steps when you walk? Only when I go up and down our stairs. I hate that I do it. I get on my own nerves! HA! (17 stairs if you are curious!!!)
12. Have you gone #1 in the woods? NO!!!!!
13. Have you ever gone #2 in the woods? No!!! I do not camp and am NOT an outdoorsy girl at all.
14. Do you ever dance even if there's no music playing? Yes! Mr U says I have my own personal band that follows me around that only I can hear. LOL!! I have music in my head all the time.
15. Do you chew your pens and pencils? No. So nasty. You have NO idea who touched it before you!! GERMS!!!!
16. How many hours did you sleep last night? Six and a half.
17. What size is your bed? King
18. What is your song of the week? Don't have one.
19. Is it OK for guys to wear pink? Of course!! My dad and my husband both look fabulous in pink!!!
20. Do you still watch cartoons? With my children, yes.
21. What is your least favorite movie? Least favorite? There's a zillion that I haven't seen. Can't pick one.
22. Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had some? Bury? I'd put it in savings!!
23. What do you drink with dinner? Water.
24. What do you dip a chicken nugget in? Nothing.
25. What is your favorite food? Mexican!!! Especially SALSA!!!!!
26. What movies could you watch over and over again and still love? Any Jane Austen or Elizabeth Gaskell movie.
27. Last person you kissed/kissed you? Mr U
28. Were you ever a boy/girl scout? Brownie and then Girl Scout.
29. removed this question.... unnecessary..
30. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper? I cannot remember!!! I need to work on this!!! Thank you for the reminder!!!
31. Can you change the oil on a car? No.
32. Ever gotten a speeding ticket? Yes. 3. :(
33. Ever run out of gas? No.
34. What’s your favorite kind of sandwich? Subway ham and swiss with everything and extra oil and vinegar.
35. Best thing to eat for breakfast? Smoothies! (Currently Snickers Protein Smoothie!!!)
36. What is your usual bedtime? 11:00
37. Are you lazy? Sometimes
38. When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween? Different things.
39. What is your Chinese astrological sign? I have no idea.
40. How many languages can you speak? One. English. Specially SOUTHERN English, y'all. :)
41. Do you have any magazine subscriptions? Taste of Home.
42. Which are better: legos or lincoln logs? Legos
43. Are you stubborn? Yes.
44. Who is better: Leno or Letterman? I do not watch them.
45. Ever watch soap operas? Used to in high school and college. Do they still come on?
46. Are you afraid of heights? Yes!
47. Do you sing in the car? Of course!!!!
48. Do you sing in the shower? I hum.
49. Do you dance in the car? LOL!! YES!!!!!
50. Ever used a gun? I've only ever shot a BB gun.
51. Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer? Does my wedding count??
52. Do you think musicals are cheesy? Love musicals!!! (Well not all of them)
53. Is Christmas stressful? Yes but probably becasue I procrastinate.
54. Ever eat a pierogi?Yes. YUM!!!
55. Favorite type of fruit pie? Peach!!!
56. Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid? Wife, mother, teacher.
57. Do you believe in ghosts? No.
58. Ever have a Deja-vu feeling? No.
59. Do you take a vitamin daily? Yes.
60. Do you wear slippers? Yes.
61. Do you wear a bath robe? Yes.
62. removed...nobody's business...
63. What was your first concert? Gaither Trio with my family growing up.
64. Walmart, Target, or Kmart? Target.
65. Nike or Adidas? Neither.
66. Cheetos or Fritos? Cheetos
67. Peanuts or Sunflower seeds? Peanuts.
68. Ever hear of the group Tres Bien? No.
69. Ever take dance lessons? Yes. Ballet and Jazz.
70. Is there a profession you picture your spouse doing? Both of us? No.
71. Can you curl your tongue? Yes.
72. Ever won a spelling bee? No.
73. Have you ever cried because you were so happy? Yes.
74. Own any record albums? No.
75. Own a record player? No.
76. Do you regularly burn incense? No.
77. Ever been in love? YES!!! With Mr U!!!!!!!
78. Who would you like to see in concert? I'm soooooo over concerts.
79. What was the last concert you saw? The Gettys.
80. Hot tea or cold tea? BOTH!!!!
81. Tea or coffee? BOTH!! In copious amounts!!!
82. Sugar cookies or snickerdoodles? BOTH!!!! In copious amounts!!! :)
83. Can you swim well? Pretty good.
84. Can you hold your breath without holding your nose? Yes.
85. Are you patient? Yes, and no.
86. DJ or band at a wedding? Neither. Typical Southern church weddings have receptions at the church with no band or DJ.
87. Ever won a contest? Cooking contest for a Christmas Cookie.
88. Have you ever had plastic surgery? No.
89. Which are better: black or green olives? Neither!!!
90. Can you knit or crochet? Crochet.
91. Best room for a fireplace? Ours is in our family room.
92. Do you want to get married? I AM married. :)
93. If married, how long have you been married? 17 years.
94. Who was your high school crush? Doesn't matter- Mr U is waaaaaaay better!!
95. Do you cry and throw a fit until you get your own way? No.
96. Do you have children? Yes.
97. Do you want children? I want my children, yes, and I would happily accept more if the Lord chose to bless us with more.
98. What is your favorite color? I've always had a hard time with this question!! I love pink. And I love blues and whites together. But, ugh, to pick ONE? I can't.
99. Do you miss anyone right now? No.
100. Who are you going to ask to answer these questions next? Whoever would like to answer, let me know!! These were kind of fun!!!!
“I believe that a godly home is a foretaste of heaven. Our homes,
imperfect as they are, must be a haven from the chaos outside. They
should be a reflection of our eternal home, where troubled souls find
peace, weary hearts find rest, hungry bodies find refreshment, lonely
pilgrims find communion, and wounded spirits find compassion.”