Thursday, October 12, 2006

SLOW COOKING THURSDAY!!!



I really enjoy being part of Sandra's Slow Cooking Thursday. SOOO many excellent ideas for my crock-pot!!! What?? You don't use yours as often as I do? Well, what are you waiting for? Pull it out and get cooking. Well, actually, pull it out, throw your ingredients in, leave the house for several hours and come home to a wonderfully delicious and healthy meal for your family!!!




Crock-pot Italian Chicken and Potatoes

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup Italian salad dressing
1 tsp Italian seasoning
½ cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
4 potatoes, peeled and chopped into bite size pieces

Place chicken in bottom of crock pot. Sprinkle with ½ of the dressing, spices and grated cheese. Put potatoes on top. Sprinkle with remaining dressing, spices and grated cheese. Cook on low 6 to 8 hours or until chicken and potatoes are tender. (Also, I cut my chicken into bite size pieces when it is done. That way, I use less chicken but my family never notices because it is all mixed in together.)

This serves the four of us plus a little left over. Serve it up with a big salad or even some sauteed zucchini. YUM!!


Oh, and remember y'all, it is perfectly alright to use FROZEN chicken! Yes, m'am, just throw it in frozen! The crock-pot will do the thawing for you!!

9 comments:

gail@more than a song said...

I loved it when I realized I could use frozen chicken in my crockpot, so easy! Great looking recipe.
Where in the south are you? Mississippi here.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Oh yummy! This is a really good recipe :) I've made it before and have it posted at our website (http://www.hambones.org/modules.php?name=Recipes&op=viewrecipe&recipeid=317&offset=25#start)... I also added a dash or two of some other seasonings. I usually can't stick to a recipe 100%! This is really good comfort food, and you're absolutely right about the number of chicken breasts. I often use less and then when you chip them up, it makes it go a lot further. :)

Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!!!

theups said...

Hi Gail!!
I'm a Georiga Peach. :) Isn't it WONDERFUL just throwing frozen meat it? WOW!!!

Hi Stacy!
You made the same recipe? How wonderful!! It is a good, quick recipe! I'll have to try your changes next time. I have a hard time sticking 100% to a recipe, too. Which is why, if you ate this at my house, you would probably see a bit more cheese than this recipe actually calls for.

His,
Mrs. U

Overwhelmed! said...

Hey, anything that allows the use of frozen foods is good in my books! Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!

I’ve posted a Slow Cooking Thursday Mexican Minestrone recipe. Stop by and take a peek.

gail@more than a song said...

Ok, Georgia, good to know. It finally got cool here today.
I change up recipes too!
Stacy is my sis by the way!

Sandra said...

OH this is wonderful, and hey what's easier than frozen chicken? :)

I'm so glad to see you joining the Slow Cooking Gang LOL

Have a great day :)

Susan P. said...

Okay, this is wonderful news to me. I have been cooking for "umpteen" years and had no idea I could use frozen meat in my crock pot!! I am so excited!! I guess this is proof that one is never too old to learn;)

Julieann said...

I am going to have to try this recipe, thanks for sharing Mrs.U:)

Julieann:)

Kelly @ Growing.Learning.Playing. said...

This recipe looks so yum! And easy, too. Thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin