Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Busy, busy, busy so THANK YOU ALL!!!


I want to give a big Big BIG THANK YOU to all of y'all that emailed me and/or left comments on my post about "Where have I been?"!!! Y'all are the BEST!!! I've already starting incorporating MANY of your ideas and am SOOO very grateful for them!!!

I currently have an Asian chicken dish (which I made up and might not be any good at all!!! HAHA!!) in the crock pot (which I doubled, thank you very much, y'all, for sharing that tip!!!). I just have to whip up some really quick rice before sitting down for our meal.

We've gone on SEVERAL walks now, too, with Elizabeth in the stroller!! And Mr. U has been able to join us!! We haven't been "exercise walking" (I'm sure there's a term for that)...we've just been strolling along but we are outside and we are moving, so I guess that counts as exercise, right? Plus, Elizabeth LOVES it!!!

I had been putting Elizabeth in the high chair while I tried to cook, her patience didn't last long. So I employed y'all's idea of giving her her own "cooking utensils"!!! She LOVES banging spoons and bowls!! Storage space is at a very minimium in our home, so I probably won't be able to clear a space of her own to use, but I can definitely make sure that she has her "cooking utensils" near her when we get in the kitchen!!! Thank you all for that suggestion!

And yes, I've been doing things during her naptime, too! Today she slept 2 hours during her morning naptime and played in her crib for 30 minutes after she woke up!! I had time to get the crockpot going, boil some eggs, cook sweet potatoes, steam broccoli, make bread, do two loads of laundry and do dishes, too!!! What a blessing!! Now... I just need to get that master bathroom cleaned... :)

Oh... before I forget... a sweet friend (thank you, Gretchen!!!) sent me the book called Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron. WOW!! I LOVE this book!!! I'm not incorporating all her ideas, but am doing many of the things she suggests. That's why I hard boiled eggs and cooked sweet potatoes and steamed broccoli!! I put the sweet potatoes and broccoli, after cooking and cooling, into ice cube trays to freeze. I now have cubes of fresh, homemade baby food for Elizabeth!! After they are frozen completely, I will take them out of the ice cube trays, put them in zip loc bags, label them and pull them out to thaw as needed! Ms. Yaron gives directions on how to freeze lots and lots of wonderful foods for your baby. This book is really wonderful and I am very thankful to be able to give my little sweetheart delicious and nutritious foods!!!


Again, thank you all soooo very much for your help, encouragement and prayers!! Even though I only know most of y'all through this bloggity world, y'all are very dear to me, indeed!!

6 comments:

Kelli said...

Hi Mrs. U! I'm so glad that the tips are working, I did the same thing with the cooking utensils and bowls when the girls and Benjamin were little too!!! They say walking is one of the best exercises and it sounds like Elizabeth is having fun with mommy and daddy!
The babyfood cookbook sounds great and I love the icecube idea!!
Kelli

Mrs. Pear said...

Hi,

I am thrilled to hear how well you are doing!

Great job on making Elizabeth's food too! We used the same book and did the same thing, it is great! I take it as a badge of honor that I never bought a jar of baby food. (On a road trip we just used a cooler, it worked great!)

I still use the fruit leather recipe!

Blessings to you!

Chrissy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tammy said...

Sounds like you've gotten great advice!

Did you receive my e-mail? =)

Jthemilker said...

Wonderful... and just so you know, you can freeze rice for later use too. I make a whole box, freeze it in containers (or bags) just the right portions for most of our meals, and thaw/warm in the microwave in minutes. Very easy - especially if you like to use the long-grain kind that takes forever to cook.

Julieann said...

Hi Mrs. U :) It sounds like you have gotten a lot of wonderful tips--and in time, I know you will be able to share a few of your own----in time you will all adjust into your own routine:)

I really enjoyed reading this post--and I make all my kids baby food--it is fun and so much better for them

Julieann:)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin