Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Are you serving your children from a heart of love?





From Nancy Leigh Demoss...


(noisy children in background)
“All right. We have five minutes for a Bible story, and then you kids are going to bed! (pages turning) Let’s see . . . ‘One day God told Jonah . . .' Franky! Get over here and sit down!”
Nancy Leigh DeMoss: You may be teaching your children the truths of the Bible . . .
“‘God told Jonah to go to Nineveh . . .' Sarah! I can’t wait till you kids are in bed!”
Nancy: . . . but are you doing it out of love? The apostle Paul says, “Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.”
If I’m teaching others God’s Word, but I don't have love, what does Paul say? I'm just making noise.
“Uhhh! I’m trying to read here!”
Nancy: Are you serving from a heart of love? Ask God to fill you with His love. Ask Him to love others through you.

2 comments:

Wendi said...

Hmmm... feeling a little convicted... I sheepishly admit I do have a moment or two like that. Working on it... sigh...

Blessings! said...

I have had evenings that come out more like you typed, but I have tried something that has been nice for our family... ... doing story time in one of our four beds. We have a guest bed for out of town visitors that isn't always in use. It's quite a treat. We have read through the chidlren's bible several times over the years, Christian Light Education reader series, and are currently enjoying three different ones (Teddy's Botton, one about a missionary in the USA, and another one from CLE). The blessing of the calm reading time and the joy our two growing blessings have in written word is a wonderful blessing. *smile* Sincerely, Mommy of two growing blessings & so much more!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin